Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Introduction

I have been a Christian for a long, long time. I made a profession of faith when I was about 12 years old. I am now in my early 60s and retired. For many years I taught in Christian schools. Women usually say that they identify themselves by their relationships. “I’m Fred’s wife,” or “ I’m Lori’s mom.” I did not marry and have no children, so for much of my adult life I identified myself as being a teacher. When I left the classroom I had a bit of an identity crisis. If I am not a teacher, who am I? The answer, of course, is that I am a Christian. First and foremost I am a child of God. That had always been true from the beginning when I embraced Christ as my Lord and Savior. Leaving the teaching profession was good for me, though I have to admit that it was also hard to leave something that I truly loved. I realize that I still work for the Lord. Circumstances may vary, but the work of advancing the Kingdom of God does not change. Out of the classroom, I have continued to teach in other ways. I have done tutoring and led Bible Studies and tried to be a helpful friend to anyone who will let me. I have developed a better prayer life and am more aware than ever of the Lord’s presence and of His claim on every aspect of my life. God has been very good to me.



1 comment:

Jemit said...

I love the title.. it's fabulous! And the content will be perfect too. Atta girl Jane!